Sunday, July 19, 2020

Delicious Vegan Mushroom Stew

A while back, I created this tasty recipe. At the time I used dried Shitake mushrooms. Today I did a lot of substitutions, but it was still very good. Instead of dried, I used fresh mushrooms, and instead of kale I used Swiss chard.  Shallots were also not available, so I substituted scallions from the garden. Lots of changes!  If you try it either way, I think you will like it!
Having a head of cabbage in the refrigerator at all times is very handy. It is so full of healthy nutrition, it keeps well for a long time, and can compliment any vegan soup or stew. 
I decided to go into the garden and pull out a carrot for the stew. Look at this darling, stubby carrot!  It’s Japanese. 
While I was in the garden, I picked a few Chinese long beans that were cut up and added to the dish. Most Chinese stir fry this long bean, and I have done that too, but sometimes they can be a little tough. By adding them to the stew, they become soft, like our traditional green beans. I love how these grow. See the pretty flowers?

Here is the finished dish, and here is the recipe:


No comments: