Thursday, July 16, 2020

Dehydrating Herbs

This year I decided to grow a garden, a kitchen garden, or potager. A potager has vegetables, herbs and flowers, all growing together in an easily accessible spot off the kitchen. I have some lovely herbs that needed harvesting.  These included Italian parsley, oregano, lemon thyme, savory, marjoram, and a smaller amount of rosemary. I know that the more you pick them the more they grow, so I decided to  harvest each herb plant today.

I combined them together in the dehydrator, that resulted in a fragrant mix.  Thee mixture will be used in soups and stews come winter. See the results of my efforts here:

This is part of my potager. 

The finished product. 

After dehydrating the herbs, I rubbed them over the little colander to remove the stems before bagging. 

This is a fun hobby and the herbs will be a tasty addition to my vegan or vegetarian dishes. 

No comments: